City of Vancouver (CoV) proposed Transportation Changes resulting from the Senakw Development.
Please inform yourself about the proposed changes by reviewing the Kits Point Transportation Changes Information Sheet and let COV know what you think.
March 2, 2023 – recording of COV follow up session about Kits Point Transportation, available here
February 22, 2023 – recording of COV information session on transportation changes at Kits Point available here
Some important preliminary observations about the proposed changes that will affect us all.
• NO northbound traffic on Cypress at Greer – not a noted point on diagram.
• The phased signalling at Cypress and Cornwall will produce longer queuing to exit the Point even without the increased Senakw traffic.
• The narrowing of Cypress north of Cornwall can be expected to cause further issues with access and egress from the corner strip mall, and more issues with the large trucks servicing that mall.
• These restrictions will impact Emergency Vehicle access at peak periods, and they will not have an access route north on Cypress.
• There is no comprehensive planning for how Kits Point residents will access and egress the Point and no information on how Kits Point residents and other City residents will be impacted.
• More loss of scarce street parking.
These changes and the Senakw traffic will impact not just Kits Point residents but also everyone trying to enjoy the public amenities at Kits Point. KPRA has asked for the traffic studies but have been refused.
• Responses to the CoV proposed traffic changes are posted below.
• You can leave your comments at the bottom of each article.
As previously discussed, traffic impacts of this development are a significant concern. Our residential streets…